Monday, January 5, 2009

Back to School

O.K. So today I checked on my friend Julianne's Blog. Julianne, If you were talking to me, sorry! This one's for you baby! I will have to admit that it is sad when your 9 year old posts more than I do. Really, she probably has more to say! Seriously, the kids started back to school today and I have one week before I go back. I am trying to catch up on the laundry and little unfinished projects around the house. Christmas was wonderful! We woke up early to open presents with Parker before he had to leave for work. We love having Parker here with us! I have started to worry that every year might be the last year that he is at home with us. We try not to cramp his style but I know that no matter what he will want to be out on his own at some point. After breakfast and presents, we spent a lazy day at home. CD, Leslie, and Keimon stopped by to do yet more presents and John's parents stopped by for dinner. John made prime rib with all the trimmings. It was amazing! He is the best cook and that is only one of the many reasons that I am so glad I married him. :-) New years was uneventful. Another lazy night and day. We never go out anymore. Too old I guess. This year everyone made it to midnight. Believe me that's a feat! Here are some pics of the fun and festivities. Well, here are some Christmas Vacation pictures.


2 comments:

Nikki said...

I am so glad to be back, and in a routine! Let's plan a playdate soon. When all the diseases have left my house!

Julianne said...

I posted an update, Julie, just for you. And if I can find a way to post from the middle of a combat theater, I am sure you can find a way to post a little hello once in a while :) Cheers to you and John!