Tuesday, June 24, 2008

On Father's Day I woke up at 4:00 am so that we could leave and be back in Utah to still spend the day with John my fabulous husband and amazing father to our daughters. We went right from the SLC airport and to brunch at Market Street so it was a long day! Then the next morning my crazy week started. As many of you know, Lauren has been taking the violin for a year or so. She is being taught the Suzuki Method. She is really doing well and is liking it a lot. So every summer the Intermountain Suzuki Assoc. hold an intensive Institute at Juan Diego H.S. here in town. They have teachers from all over the world come and teach. This year Lauren went. She spent last Monday through Friday from 9:00 to about 5:00 in various classes. She had classes in Technique, Music Theory, Repertoire, Music Theater Review, Orchestra, and a Master class. Emily had the chance to take a chorus class and an art class just for fun. They both had a great time. Lauren really learned a lot and improved her playing HUGE. She also got the chance to be exposed to some fabulous musicians and hear some great concerts and to become more familiar with the other classical string instruments. This all meant that all last week I was hanging around Juan Diego from 9-5! Not as much fun for me! I started the week tired and never really recovered. This week the kids are playing with friends and I am catching up on laundry and house cleaning, etc... I am doing NOTHING tiring.






Lauren in her Orchestra Class.




Lauren after her final concert on Saturday morning.

4 comments:

Nelson News said...

So glad to catch up. I thought that we would actually see each other this summer, we were so wrong!!! Glad that you posted and updated the rest of us!

Nelson News said...

Um...Just wondering what I have to do to be invited to the girl's blogs. More Amberjam??? Swimming??? WHAT???

Jennie Minor said...

I was just wondering when you were going to post again? Do I have to wait as long as last time??

Nelson News said...

Didn't we talk just the other day and you were going to post...