Tuesday, June 24, 2008



The week after school ended for the girls, I went on a little trip to my Step-mother's family reunion in a little town called Davis, Oklahoma. It was really interesting. Her family settled there when it was still Indian Territory. We had a great time. Oklahoma was nothing like I thought it would be. I think I expected it do be the Dust Bowl, but it was really green and pretty. The earth is really red, even more than So. Utah. We got to see a lot of tarantulas because it was their mating season (uurgh!). Every night at dusk, these hairy monsters crossed the road to do their thing. I was fascinated and terrified at the same time. We also found a bunch of fossils just by the side of one of the roads. If you look enough you can find all sorts of things trapped in the rock. Virginia (my step-mom) has some really fun family too! They made me feel right at home.






The stuff of nightmares!



This is a plaque on the side of the original funeral home building commerating the family contributions in the early days.



Beautiful Oklahoma sunset.

P.S. Don't be jealous but I have driven through Moore, OK, the hometown of Toby Keith! (Don't think that wasn't on about 4o various signs in the area.) and let me just say, WOW do they take their football seriously! The BYU v.s. Utah rivalry has nothing on them!

1 comments:

Nelson News said...

I was checking to see if any stalkers had left random comments, and alas, it's just me!! Time to update, dontcha think?