Friday, December 5, 2008

Christmas Tag

Welcome to the Christmas edition of getting to know your friends.

1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? Paper mostly but I do like to mix it up under the tree.

2.Real tree or Artificial? Real (See yesterday's post!)

3.When do you put up the tree? As soon as I can after Thanksgiving

4.When do you take the tree down? Usually the first week after New Year's Day. I try to have it done before I go back to school

5.Do you like eggnog? It's o.k.about 2 times a year. Otherwise it's too rich.

6.Favorite gift received as a child? Rub-a-Dub Dolly. Yes I just totally dated myself.

7.Hardest person to buy for? My Dad and my Father-in-law.

8.Easiest person to buy for? John

9.Do you have a nativity scene? Yes. 2 actually.

10.Mail or email Christmas cards? Christmas Cards????

11.Worst Christmas gift you ever received? I'm sure some sweater from a grandparent. There were so many of those.

12.Favorite Christmas Movie? White Christmas and Elf.

13.When do you start shopping for Christmas? If I see something throughout the year I will buy it (but I usually forget about it by Christmas). It mostly begins in November in earnest.

14.Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? I don't think so, but I may have.

15.Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? ANYTHING! I love anything baked. Our neighbors, the Gustafson's bring us a loaf of the best Coffee cake kind of treat. It has an almond flavor with a crispy sugary top. It's really tasty but we are also fine eating the Pepridge Farms Gingerbread Family Cookies.

16.Lights on the tree? 1,500 multi-colored.

17.Favorite Christmas song? Baby it's Cold and Angles We Have Heard On High.

18.Travel at Christmas or stay home? Stay at home for now but when the kids are older, I wouldn't mind spending Christmas someplace tropical.

19.Can you name all of Santa's reindeer's? Most of them but I get confused with Snow White's dwarfs. Sad, I know.

20.Angel on tree top or star ? Bow. I haven't found a topper I love yet.

21.Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? On Christmas Eve the kids open their gifts from John's Parents (we spend Xmas eve at their place with all the family). Then all the rest on Christmas Day.

22.Most annoying thing about this time of the year? I'm not into big crowds or rude people. Too many years of retail. (Sherilyn, aren't you glad it's over!).

23.Favorite ornament theme or color? Our tree has a random assortment of colors and themes. we buy a few new ornaments every year that say something about what we did that year or something special to us. For instance, we have a new mickey mouse ornament from Disneyland this year. So, I love that next year when we decorate the tree, we can't help but talk about where we were and what we were doing.

24.Favorite for Christmas dinner? We usually do hors d'oeuvres
and finger foods but I would love to have Prime Rib. Last year we were DONE and I think I was sick so we actually had Chinese take out! It was soo Christmas Story that we had to order the duck!

25.What do you want for Christmas this year? I Think UGG's maybe? I don't really know.

26.Who is most likely to respond to this? I don't know, since like two people read my Blog. :-)

5 comments:

Nikki said...

you could get a tripod ornament for next year....wink wink!!!

Henderson Habits said...

if you find one, buy it for me! :-)

Nikki said...

That is my new mission....tripod ornament. Don't let Emily know about this, I am trying to win points with her and this will for sure put me on her **** list!!

Joosten said...

Love the post. It's always fun to read about what others do at Christmas. I love reading your blog.

Julianne said...

Julie, I know for a fact more than two people read your blog because a guarantee you weren't counting me, and here it is, 1:18 AM and I am commenting on your blog that I read it. Oh, and to tell you that I, queen of all that is bitter and angry, responded to your survey. I know, the things we will do to NOT write a paper. :)