Thursday, December 4, 2008

Real or Fake?

No, I am not talking about boobs! I am talking about Christmas trees. Christmas Psycho that I am, we went to get our tree over the weekend. Yes, we still get a real tree. Every year I am reminded of all the reasons why an artificial tree would be so much more convenient. I could find one that is 8-10 feet tall with out a 16-20 foot wide base. My husband wouldn't have to spend hours putting on the 1,500 lights. (I am NOT exaggerating!) I also could put it up right after Halloween if I wanted to. I would not have to trudge through snow in the dark to find the "perfect" tree. There would be no gaping holes to cover with huge ornaments or to turn to the wall. I would not have to wait with the tree naked in my house for a day until it "settles" (ask John about this, I still think he just does it to toy with me.). I would not have to shell out the big bucks for an already dying plant that I will throw away in 6 weeks. I will not step on any pine needles, barefoot in the middle of the night. I will not ruin another vacuum cleaner cleaning up after my fire hazard of a tree finally gets dragged through the house and chucked into the back yard. Wow. Why do I get a real tree every year? I will tell you, the smell (no, the candles are NOT just as good). The kids giggling and running up and down the aisles at the tree lot shouting, "This one, Mom". I know this list seems really lop-sided but we do it every year and even though I complain heavily, I will keep on "Keepin' it real".


2 comments:

Joosten said...

Kudos to you!! I am totally fake!!(obviously not the boobs!!!) I admire anyone who gets a real tree. I don't have the patience.I just put up the pre-lit fake tree. I do miss the smell though. Your tree and kids look darling!!

Henderson Habits said...

Thax mommy for taking us out.We DON'T go running around saying "This one mommy!." We go around playing tag!!! Like it matters. <3 you huge,
Moostiemoo


(Emily posted this too!!)