Monday, March 17, 2008




Happy St. Paddy's Day!


So, another weekend went by all to quickly. But this Monday I am happy because I AM ON SPRING BREAK and to top it off. My kids still are in school until Wednesday. I am alone!!!!! My Dad flies in on Thursday evening from California and I can't wait but it means I have some cleaning to do.

For those who didn't know we started a remodel in our hall bathroom. On our main floor we have three bedrooms, one bath in the master and one bath in the hall that the guests and the girls use. When they built our house they out in a tub in the hall bath but NO SHOWER. Is that the dumbest thing you have ever heard? When we moved in the bath needed updating but the girls were smaller and just having a bath tub wasn't a big deal. Well, no it's huge. My Dad's visit out prompted John and I do buckle down and start the renovations. It involved ripping out the old tub and then installing a new tub and a surround with tile. We are lucky enough to have a tile guy (Yeah, Paul!) Who stopped my from making some big mistakes. He grouted on Friday and it is done. It looks AMAZING! We are thrilled! Today (hopefully) our electrician will show up and put in some more lights. This afternoon Mark (our wonderful plumber and neighbor!) is going to install the fixtures and we will be done! Well, for two months until we get the vanity we are having to have built. Then we will do the floor, vanity, new paint and everything else. So here are a few pictures. The shape of the room doesn't allow for many angles so they aren't very good, but you get the idea.

2 comments:

Nelson News said...

I really like it! Want help cleaning? It will be more fun cleaning your house than mine! I want a spring break from my kids!HAHA

Jennie Minor said...

I think it looks good. I never saw before (just the pic) but it is looking good!