Wednesday, March 12, 2008




Sorry about the long break. Since I last posted we have celebrated my Birthday, (yeah me!) and Lauren's 10th Birthday. We have had parent -teacher conferences, volunteered at the Book Fair, and gone snowboarding. It has been a long week or two!


So, Friday we went up to Brighton. Parker has worked at Brighton for the last two seasons and is an expert boarder. Lauren has been boarding for 2 seasons now and Emily started this season. They are all great! John and I have never boarded. Let me say that I am a Southern California girl, born and raised. I hadn't even seen it actually snow before we moved here in 2000. John and I decided that snowboarding would be something outdoors and fun that we could do all as a family and we should learn. Well...that was the idea anyway. We took a lesson but I still didn't feel like I knew what I was doing. Parker is the most patient and supportive guy I know. Inside he must have been either hiding in embarrassment of being related to us or laughing himself sick but on the outside he was shouting encouragement and cheering us on. John did really well. I am a complete scaredy pants. I spent the majority of my day on my butt and we were very sore and are still bruised but I am pleased to report that there were no broken bones!!! I call that a success.

4 comments:

Jennie Minor said...

GO JULIE! That is awesome. I heard that snowboarding is so much harder than skiing.

Nelson News said...

Ok, how did Jennie comment before me, when I was talking to you while posting? She's quick! I would pay to watch, will Parker sell the movies? I love him, he seriously is the sweetest kid ever. Nice Pics!

Henderson Habits said...

Jen, I have nothing to compare it too but I think it was kinda hard. It was definately one of the most pathetic things I have ever seen. Amber, the next time you are here I will show you the video. Parks promised no you-tube!

Jennie Minor said...

I am quick Amber! Always remember that. Julie I think you should post it on you tube that way I could check it out!!! ;)