Monday, November 17, 2008

Bosco Update


So, I took Bosco in last week to have his staples removed and the tumor has grown back in just two weeks. It's already almost as big as it was right before we had it removed. Proof enough for us that the Vet was unable to get it all. So we really feel that we have no other options. So...tomorrow morning we take him in to have his leg amputated. Keep a good thought for me. I know the dog is in good hands. I will be a wreck! I really don't know if we are doing the right thing. I hope so. They will do another ultrasound right before surgery to make sure that it hasn't gone any further than the leg so at least will be reasonably sure that this will be the last of it. But as with everything, there are no promises. This dog will be my Christmas present that's for sure.

4 comments:

Joosten said...

Julie and family,
We are so sorry about Bosco. We will be thinking of you and Bosco tomorrow. If you need anything please call. If you just need a few minutes to cry, please call!!
Love you all.
Joosten Family

Seattle Nichole said...

Oh Julie... I am so sorry.....we will be thinking of you, call if you need a friend. Love ya guys!!!

Seattle Nichole said...

hmmm... that comment was from me...NIKKI, but I guess Seattle is signed in!!

Julianne said...

Julie I am so sorry. Like you said the other day on the phone though, three legged doggies are just as awesome as the ones with four ;)