Wednesday, November 5, 2008

My sweet puppy


Thanks so much for all the good wishes for Bosco. Unfortunately we found our yesterday that his tumor was malignant. He has a particularly aggressive form of cancer in dogs. Hemangiosarcoma. It's a cancer that attacks the blood vessels. I don't mind telling you that I spent the better part of the day yesterday crying or on the verge of crying. It's been such a long time since I have lost a pet, I forget how they really become such a huge part of your life. We are now faced with the prospect of amputating his leg to make sure that we got all of the cancer or praying that we did and letting nature take it's course. John and I am both struggling with this decision. How much is too much? When do you stop? What will his quality of life be? We don't have the answers. All I know is that for now, he sleeps on the bed whenever he wants to.

3 comments:

Annie said...

oh my word! I'm so sorry about this news! I didn't even know this was a problem. Hugs to all of you at this horrible time. We love doggies!!

Joosten said...

I'm so sorry about Bosco. What a hard choice! He is such a cute dog and you can tell how much your family loves him. You're family is in our thoughts and prayers! If you need anything, let me know. I'm really good at crying these days if you just need to get it out.

Nikki said...

Poor baby......He is such a sweetie....darn animals, making us love them so much!!!!