Sunday, February 17, 2008


On Thursday afternoon the girls and I were running around doing our last minute Valentines errands and I started to feel horrible. My husband was cooking us a steak and lobster dinner and if you've ever eaten my husbands cooking, you know there isn't a better restaurant then Chez Henderson. On the phone we decided to postpone our dinner untill I felt better. It was too late to start another meal so we ordered pizza! We opened our gifts ( John gave me some beautiful diamond earrings!) and I went to bed for the next three days! John finally convinced me on Saturday evening that I should go to Urgent Care. I went relunctantly. I tested positive for Influenza B and the really great news was that had I gone to the Doctor a few hours earlier, I could have gotten an Rx for Tamaflu, which would cut the sick time in half and after 24 hours I wouldn't be contagious. But, no, I just missed the cut off. I do feel better but this is the sickest I have been for a long time. I think tonight will be our make-up Valentine's Dinner. I can't wait! I may be deathly ill but hey I still have my appetite!!!

2 comments:

Jennie Minor said...

I am so sorry that you are so sick! That is the worse! Steak and Lobster made by John? I have only had his cooking once, but it was very memorable for me! LOVED IT!!!

Nelson News said...

Nice that I hear all this online! Thank goodness you finally got your blog up! Just kidding. Good Luck. Please call if you need ANYTHING!